Terms of Service
Your use of the site
Highmark Health hereby grants you a limited license to copy and use the materials, features, and services provided by Highmark Health on this Site (collectively, the "Materials") solely for your personal, non-commercial use, subject to these Terms. The design and layout of the Site are specifically excluded from the Materials. No other use of the Site or Materials is authorized. You agree that any copy of the Materials (or any portion of the Materials) that you make shall retain all copyright and other proprietary notices contained herein or therein.
Your use of the Site is subject to all applicable local, state, national, and international laws and regulations, and you agree not to use the Site for purposes that violate such laws and regulations.
In addition, you agree that:
- You will not interfere with another customer's use and enjoyment of the Site;
- You will not upload, download, transmit or otherwise distribute any message, data, information, text, or other material ("Content") that may infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or other intellectual or proprietary right of any party, and that, by uploading or downloading any Content, you represent and warrant to Highmark Health and our affiliates that you have the lawful right to reproduce and distribute such Content;
- You will not upload, download, transmit, or otherwise distribute any Content that is unlawful, libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, indecent, lewd, harassing, threatening, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, abusive, inflammatory, or otherwise objectionable;
- You will not upload, download, transmit, or otherwise distribute any viruses or other harmful, disruptive, or destructive files; (5) you will not upload, download, transmit, or otherwise distribute any Content that would constitute or encourage a criminal offense, violate the rights of any party, or that would otherwise create liability or violate any local, state, national, or international law;
- You will not use or attempt to use another's account, service, or system without authorization from Highmark Health, or create or use a false identity on this Site;
- You will not upload, download, transmit, or otherwise distribute spam, chain letters, junk mail, or any other type of unsolicited mass email to people or entities who have not agreed to be part of such mailings;
- You will not attempt to obtain unauthorized access to the Site or portions of the Site which are restricted from general access;
- You will not interfere with or disrupt networks, systems, and/or computers connected to the Site, and you will comply with all regulations, policies, and procedures of such networks and systems; and
- You will comply with all United States laws regarding the transmission of technical data exported from the United States. You acknowledge and agree that you are responsible for all use of your email address and will notify Highmark Health immediately of any unauthorized use.
No transfer of property rights
The products, services, technology, and/or processes described and/or used on this Site may be the subject of intellectual property rights reserved by Highmark Health or other third parties. Except for the limited license granted above, nothing contained herein shall be construed as conferring to you in any manner, whether by implication, estoppel or otherwise, any license, title, or ownership of or to any intellectual property right of Highmark Health or any third-party.
Warranty restriction; limitation of liability
THE MATERIALS, INFORMATION, AND SERVICES PROVIDED ON THIS SITE ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THERE IS NO WARRANTY AGAINST INTERFERENCE WITH YOUR ENJOYMENT OF ANY MATERIALS, INFORMATION, OR SERVICES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY DATA, TEXT, IMAGES, SOUNDS, OR COMPUTER PROGRAMS (INCLUDING COLLECTIONS AND COMPILATIONS OF THEM)) OR AGAINST INFRINGEMENT.
NEITHER HIGHMARK HEALTH NOR ANY OF ITS LEADERSHIP TEAM, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES OR AFFILIATES SHALL BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY AND/OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, LOST PROFITS OR ATTORNEYS' FEES OR DISBURSEMENTS) IN ANY WAY DUE TO, RESULTING FROM OR ARISING IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR ACCESS TO, INABILITY TO ACCESS, OR USE OF THE SITE, OR FROM YOUR RELIANCE ON ANY INFORMATION PROVIDED AT THE SITE, EVEN IF HIGHMARK HEALTH HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THIS LIMITATION APPLIES TO ALL CAUSES OF ACTION IN THE AGGREGATE INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, BREACH OF CONTRACT, BREACH OF WARRANTY, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY, MISREPRESENTATION, AND ANY OTHER TORT. IN THE EVENT THE FOREGOING LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SET FORTH HEREIN SHALL BE FOR ANY REASON HELD UNENFORCEABLE OR INAPPLICABLE, YOU AGREE THAT HIGHMARK HEALTH AND ITS AFFILIATES' AGGREGATE LIABILITY SHALL NOT EXCEED FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($500).
NEITHER HIGHMARK HEALTH NOR ANY OF ITS AFFILIATES TAKES ANY RESPONSIBILITY OR ASSUMES ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY CONTENT UPLOADED OR OTHERWISE TRANSMITTED BY YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY, OR FOR ANY MISTAKES, DEFAMATION, SLANDER, LIBEL, OMISSIONS, FALSEHOODS, OBSCENITY, PORNOGRAPHY, INDECENCY, LEWDNESS, HARASSMENT, THREATS, ABUSE, OR PROFANITY YOU MAY ENCOUNTER IN USING THE SITE. YOU AGREE TO HOLD HARMLESS HIGHMARK HEALTH AND ITS AFFILIATES AND PARTIES WITH WHOM HIGHMARK HEALTH HAS CONTRACTED FOR PURPOSES OF HOSTING OR MAINTAINING THIS SITE FROM ALL CLAIMS BASED UPON COMMUNICATIONS OR MATERIALS MADE AVAILABLE BY YOU ON THE SITE.
All documents available on this Site may be protected under the U.S. and Foreign Copyright Laws. Permission to reproduce may be required. Highmark Health retains all rights to the information provided on this Site, including, but not limited to, the right of distribution.
Governing law, jurisdiction
By accessing, transmitting or viewing any information on this Web site, you agree to be subject to personal jurisdiction in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Any transaction or occurrence arising out of accessing, transmitting or viewing any information on this Site shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania (excluding any conflict of laws provisions of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania that would refer to and apply the substantive laws of another jurisdiction). Any suit or proceeding regarding this Site or any part of the Site shall be brought only in Allegheny County, Pennsylvania.
Neither Highmark Health nor any of its affiliates makes any representation that Materials on this Site are appropriate or available for use in locations outside the United States, and accessing them from territories where their contents are illegal is prohibited. Those who choose to access this Site from other locations other than within the United States are responsible for compliance with local laws.
Upon a request by Highmark Health, you agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless Highmark Health and its affiliates, and their employees, contractors, leadership team, and directors, from all liabilities, claims, and expenses, including attorneys' fees and disbursements, that arise from your use or misuse of this Site. Highmark Health reserves the right, at its own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, in which event you will cooperate with Highmark Health in asserting any available defenses.
Enforcement by Highmark Health
In the event Highmark Health determines, in its sole discretion, that you have violated these Terms, Highmark Health shall have the right to immediately remove any materials you have placed on the Site and/or terminate your access to the Site, without prior notice to you, and/or pursue any other remedies available to it under applicable law.
Links to and from third-party sites; framing2
This Site may provide links or references to other sites. Neither Highmark Health nor any of its affiliates has any responsibility for the content of these other sites, makes any representations or gives any warranties with respect to any information contained in or at these other sites, or shall be liable for any damages or injury arising from the content of these other sites. Neither Highmark Health nor any of its affiliates endorses companies or products to which it has provided links. Any links to other sites are provided merely as a convenience to the users of this Site and, if you decide to access any of the third-party sites linked to this Site, you do so entirely at your own risk. Highmark Health reserves the right to terminate any link or linking program at any time.
There may be circumstances where access to this Site is provided by a link located at another Web site. Neither Highmark Health nor any of its affiliates makes any representations or gives any warranties with respect to any information contained in or at these other sites, and neither Highmark Health nor any of its affiliates shall be liable for any damages or injury arising from the content of these other sites. Neither Highmark Health nor any of its affiliates endorses the individuals, companies, or other similar entities, or any products, services or materials associated with such individuals, companies, or other similar entities, that provide a link to this Site.
Updates to terms
Highmark Health shall have the right to revise these Terms at any time by updating this posting. By using this Site, you agree to be bound by any such revisions and should therefore periodically visit this Site to determine the then-current Terms to which you are bound.
2 Non-affiliated Third-Party refers to an entity that offers a tool, service, product, or forum that Highmark Health may utilize, but there is no contractual relationship between Highmark Health and the entity (e.g., Facebook, LinkedIn, Google Analytics).